Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Living Room Fireplace

The Living Room Fireplace:


Before…



Our living room was really dark.  Although I love chocolate, I didn't like it on our walls.  The fireplace mantle was so skinny I thought I might break it if I put anything on it.  I also didn't like the brass fireplace doors.  The fireplace itself hadn't been used in years.  After a quick cleaning and inspection we found out the fireplace was in great condition.  I wanted to bring this fireplace and living room back to life.


I painted the walls a light, warm color called Oakwood Manor.  The living room really seemed twice as big and more inviting with this color on the walls.  We added new black glass doors, trim and a stained reclaimed wood mantel.  It is a wood burning fireplace and it took us some time to figure out how to properly open the damper and start a good fire, but now we really enjoy one of the best features of our living room.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Courtney! We put the fireplace on hold now that Maddie is crawling around. She gets into everything!

    ReplyDelete