Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Our Home - 1910 American Foursquare


Our Home - 1910 American Foursquare:





I am one of those crazy people who falls in love with old homes.  I love the character, the sounds of hardwood floors, the echo from the tall ceilings, the ripple effect in the old glass windows, the prisms created from beveled leaded glass, and the overall character that you just can't find in new homes.

When we first stumbled across our 1910 American Foursquare we knew we were in for a lifetime of work, but despite that we went ahead.  For the most part we just lived in the house as it was.  I feel it is important to live in a house and get used to how the house works before beginning work.  Old houses have many discoveries and there are things that should never be changed and things (usually incorrect updates over the years) that need correcting.

This was our home when we first moved in.







I hope to share some before and after photos in future posts as we make progress on our home.  Thank you for reading my blog and please feel free to leave comments and suggestions.

Take care,
Sadie

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blogland, Sadie!!!!! Woohoo!!!! I'm excited to read about all you have to share! Your home is beautiful! I love to see young couples move into older homes! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney! Your blog is wonderful. I'm new at this so you will have to give me some tips.

    ReplyDelete